Monday, March 14, 2011

Mega Shark versus Crocosaurus (2010)

Oh yes! The other night Nancy and I decided to avoid our respective projects and popped Mega Shark vs. Crocosaurus into the ole (over used) DVD player. Now, O Gentle Reader, I can not lie to you. I was looking forward to this one because I laughed so hard during Mega Shark vs Giant Octopus that I had to get a towel (the specifics of which I will leave to your refined imagination). Suffice it to say that this flick had some lows to live down to and it succeeded. Lets get to it!

We start with a US Navy Lt (Jaleel White aka Urkel) who is a shark expert looking for new ways to protect divers from the nefarious plotting of sharks. As he experiments with sonic deterrents, an old friend shows up!

"YEE-Haw! I'm evolved enough to eat metal!"


Meanwhile an intrepid hero (Gary Stretch), known for tracking down exotic animals, is hired to investigate the disappearance of some 50+ miners who are digging coal in the Congo.

"Yeah, I wear a fedora. So what?"


There he finds the mother lode--of nasty crocosaurus goodness!

"I like the night life! I like to boogie!"


Soon the US military gets involved and they send their best Admiral to get rid of that pesky shark and any other unnaturally large critters that they might run in to.

"Please state the nature of your mega fauna emergency."


Now a mega shark and a 1500 ft long crocosaurus are on the rampage while pursued around the globe by a rag-tag team of experts...

They're in Panama.. no Miami.. no Hawaii..


..and the world is on the menu!

"Did I miss the exit?"


Yeah, this movie is some serious cheese. The special effects are pretty bad--kind of like the first one--and the mega shark jumps out of the water to get a plane again. Of course, this time it is an F-16 but the streak continues. Also those monsters can flat out move! The croc starts in Africa then proceeds to Miami, Orlando, the Panama Canal, and then Hawaii all in the same day--while laying thousands of eggs! Still, it is better than the original and it is worth picking up a used copy for a couple of bucks.

Rating: 2.5 Bites out of 5

-Safari Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment